Pathways Meets Charities Review Council Standards
The Charities Review Council is an independent resource for people who make contributions to support charities. They are dedicated to empowering people in making informed and thoughtful giving decisions, so they may be more effective in helping charities advance their important community work. No other state has a similar independent resource for donors.
They envision vibrant and healthy communities for all, benefiting from effective and trustworthy nonprofits that are supported by a well-informed public’s generosity.
The Charities Review Council:
- Provides tools and resources to the giving public to make informed giving choices:
Online searchable charity review results
Tips on how to give smart and safe
- Information on donating auto and goods
- Nonprofit accountability standards and resources
- Reviews charities through its voluntary review process, the Accountability Wizard.
- When an organization meets all 27 Accountability Standards, they earn the Meets Standards seal. The organization is then added to our website and newsletter, providing the public with a detailed list of comprehensive information about the most trustworthy nonprofits. Find these organizations in the online Giving Guide.
- Serves as educator to charities by providing tools and resources to organizations to meet and maintain the Council’s Accountability Standards.
Learn more at: www.smartgivers.org